Chicken seems off balance?

I’ve given her Vitamin D, one yesterday, one today. My fiancé is picking up some b complex on his way home today- we only have one car- and we didn’t have that one on hand. I have b12? and i’ve been giving them all scrambled eggs just for some extra nutrients. im at a loss

She turned a year old this week. They eat Homestead Harvest - this is the label
I agree, I'd start her on vitamin therapy and see if it helps.

400 I.U. Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg for the uptake of E.

Your feed is a loose type feed, so she may be picking out individual things she likes and leaving the rest, so she may not be getting a "complete" nutritional profile. Try soaking the feed to help incorporate it.

D3 won't hurt for a few days, but I'd work on trying to get the vitamins suggested. Same with B12, it's o.k. to give but it's just B12 (Cobalamin) and doesn't have the targeted B2, B1, etc. that is in B-Complex.

I’ve given her Vitamin D, one yesterday, one today. My fiancé is picking up some b complex on his way home today- we only have one car- and we didn’t have that one on hand. I have b12?

I agree, I'd start her on vitamin therapy and see if it helps.

400 I.U. Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg for the uptake of E.

Your feed is a loose type feed, so she may be picking out individual things she likes and leaving the rest, so she may not be getting a "complete" nutritional profile. Try soaking the feed to help incorporate it.

D3 won't hurt for a few days, but I'd work on trying to get the vitamins suggested. Same with B12, it's o.k. to give but it's just B12 (Cobalamin) and doesn't have the targeted B2, B1, etc. that is in B-Complex.
Whoops!! I meant to say I’ve been giving her E, I got some B Complex as well today and gave her some of that. Do you think I should continue to keep her separated from the flock? I quarantined her when this started in case it was something contagious but everyone seems to think it’s vitamin deficiency. Also, great point about her picking out what she likes. I hadn’t even thought about that!

Whoops!! I meant to say I’ve been giving her E, I got some B Complex as well today and gave her some of that. Do you think I should continue to keep her separated from the flock? I quarantined her when this started in case it was something contagious but everyone seems to think it’s vitamin deficiency. Also, great point about her picking out what she likes. I hadn’t even thought about that!
Oh good, I'm glad you got the vitamins.

It's up to you whether or not you want to keep her separated. I usually try to leave a hen with her flock unless she's getting picked on or is just completely unable to function/eat/drink.

If you keep her separated, it would be a good idea to keep her near the flock when possible or let her visit/go sit with them daily so re-integration is not such a drama filled ordeal.

Some don't have drama with their hens, mine...eh, they are old bitties and like the drama. You take one out for a day and it's brawl🥴😅

Oh good, I'm glad you got the vitamins.

It's up to you whether or not you want to keep her separated. I usually try to leave a hen with her flock unless she's getting picked on or is just completely unable to function/eat/drink.

If you keep her separated, it would be a good idea to keep her near the flock when possible or let her visit/go sit with them daily so re-integration is not such a drama filled ordeal.

Some don't have drama with their hens, mine...eh, they are old bitties and like the drama. You take one out for a day and it's brawl🥴😅
Ah yes, I have her within eyesight of them during the day and just bring her inside at night, but I was thinking if she’s not worse tomorrow, I’ll put her back with them. I’m hoping she’ll be better, but the same is better than worse. I was afraid it could be something like Marek’s. I’m not sure how fast that develops, but she is still eating enthusiastically and seems bright-eyed outside of her falling over and weird neck movements.

Back
Top Bottom