Chicken sneezing

wleigh1021

Songster
5 Years
Jan 16, 2016
New Jersey
I have a hen that has always seemed to be more Sneezy than the others but every time I listen to her lungs she never sounds congested or shows any signs of congestion by her nostrils. Today I noticed she's sneezing more than usual. I had 2 chickens die this past week from what appears to be coccidiosis which I know is high in my soil so I am treating entire flock with corid. I also found mites in the coop which appeared to be a moderate outbreak as I didn't find any on the chickens or large clusters. All chickens have been treated and coop cleaned with elector psp. Should I also treat everyone with antibiotics or separate and treat this hen? I also have dewormers if it could be that. She's acting normal otherwise and is a healthy weight and appearance. Any advice appreciated! I'll try to upload a video but my phone saves it in an unsupported format.

Besides the sneezing, do you see any bubbles in eye, eye drainage, nasal drainage, rattly breathing, or other signs? Check for a blocked nostril. Environmental causes for sneezing could be dust in feed, dusty bedding or coop, mold spores, or pollen. A disease that causes frequent sneezing is infectious bronchitis. That can be brought in a by a carrier, and usually spreads through the flock over several weeks.

No bubbles or extra fluid around her head. Everything is dry. No rattling or labored breathing. I forgot that I had an herbal respiratory salve so I applied that to her nostrils and under her wings. I could have kicked up dust when I cleaned out their coop but they were out in the yard when I did it and I vacuumed the whole coop with a shop vac

Back
Top Bottom