Chicken started weird walk? Or sign of sickness?

Gardenalex

Chirping
Sep 24, 2015
Hello,

I have a problem. I recognized a weird behaviour by my 6 month old Wyndotte Emmi. She walks to the side, and a little to the back. And it happened the first time on Saturday.

The video is bad, but you see that this walk comes out of nowhere.
I controlled her poop, her sleeping place (no mites or whatsoever), she is eating well, shy as always to the other chicks and very cute and handling to me.

Would you please, please, take a look at this very bad video from a really concerned and loving chicken mother!
0.jpg

Could be something neurological.
Are her eating, drinking, pooping, and activity levels all pretty normal?

You may find some more info by reading the threads found with this search:
Advanced search>titles only> walking backwards

Thank you aart.
I tried to use the search here, but I think I searched for the wrong (side walk or something similar).
I read a lot today. And I am not finished yet.
I really really hope that it is just a nutrition deficit. I gave Emmi some vitamins today.

I have checked everything that came in my mind before. She acts beside of that "side walk" normal. Eats very well, her poop is normal, activity great.
She is calm and sweet and everything is perfect, beside of that.

One thing, perhaps it is foolish, but: on the same day Emmi started this, she made for the first time her egg song. And she is searching for a place where she can lay down her egg.
She hasn´t layed an egg yet (she was born at the forth of April) but she is willing.
So, is there a possibility that her body used some vitamins she is really in need of to produce the egg?

Back
Top Bottom