Chicken sticking neck out and opening mouth wide

And what does an impacted crop look like? Does anyone have picture?

I am going to get some parakeet grit today and see if that helps.

Next step is to call the vet... if he'll see a chicken.

One of my chicks did that when she was three weeks old and it freaked me out. I read about the gapeworms and that really had me worried.

It turned out her crop was just really full or a little impacted. I rubbed her crop a bit. It went away. I introduced parakeet grit after that.

I hope your chicky gets better.

Thanks for everyones help. I went out this morning and got the Apple cider vinegar and grit . We will watch for a day and see what happens. Will keep you posted!!!
frow.gif

Update!

I did the apple cider vinegar, sugar water, wormer, and grit. The only change is that the smaller chick is now doing it too! They are also sneezing which is new but otherwise they seem fine.??

I just emailed the farm where I picked them up to see if they have had any problems or if they can offer any help.

How are your babies chickenfeet?

I use regular old apple cider vinegar as well as many other bycers. Im sure organic would be best but I think you'll get the exact same effect from non-organic.

Hey I posted a question about the same thing a couple of weeks ago except I never really noticed the girls doing it, as it turns out the boys started crowing shortly after that. I don't know if the gagging "and thats what my boys looked like" , is like a prelude'kinda like a singer warming up! LOL I don't know. But I haven't seen them do it since they started crowing except just prior to getting the Cockadoodle out! LOL A couple of stretches and then they let her rip!LOL

My babies pulled out of it too!
wee.gif
I used the ACV and I also used medicated crumbles. They are with their flock and seem to be thriving . Thank you to everyone that responded!
bow.gif
Mine are definitely hens.
gig.gif
Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom