CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you 1Chick, I appreciate your reply. I am thinking it will be spring before I can find someone who will part with some of their girls.

Or you can always start with chicks if your set up to brood them under a heat lamp. Some people start hatching in the winter. I know I do. Im starting in up again in 2 days and will probably hatch almost monthly(a little less in the winter) until september-ish.

What are you looking for?

Any standard size egg laying breed will work. Bonus points for fancy colors and calm demeanor. I only have room for 3 (girls) so I can't get straight run chicks and hatcheries have minimum orders. Plus brooding only 3 seems unfair to the chicks at this time of year. This leaves me stuck waiting for people wanting to sell older birds.

Last edited:
Any standard size egg laying breed will work. Bonus points for fancy colors and calm demeanor. I only have room for 3 (girls) so I can't get straight run chicks and hatcheries have minimum orders. Plus brooding only 3 seems unfair to the chicks at this time of year. This leaves me stuck waiting for people wanting to sell older birds.
Calm demeanor.... you need some cochins!!
love.gif
I have never raised a more docile breed.

Anyone looking for a last minute Christmas gift? I have bunnies for sale.

female Holland lop 4 months old broken chocolate

female netherland/lionhead 7 months black otter weighs 3 pounds

two litters of lops ready to go jan 3
broken black
black
Siamese
black with long fur

camera is not working but I can send photos to your phone. just send me a pm

most bunnies are 25.00 ea

Hello everyone,

I know this isn't the ideal place for this message, but I know a lot of NH / New England poultry folks read this thread and frankly, I am not sure where else on the site I should post this -- but I just remembered BYC and I am trying to get the word out, so I figure it is worth a post!

I was driving home from the Poultry Congress last night going up Chesterfield Hill in NH when my truck up and flipped over. I was transporting four new geese in the back of the truck (I have a modified truck cap that we made specifically for transporting critters) and they got loose in the accident. We caught two of them but two are still missing somewhere in Chesterfield.

I know it's a really really LONG shot, and they've probably been eaten by coyotes by now :( Still, these were gorgeous geese and it is so sad for me to think of them wandering around helplessly. One is an exhibition African and the other is an exhibition African/Toulouse cross.

If anyone hears word of two big, weird-looking geese wandering around the Chesterfield area, could you please PM me on here?

Thanks so much everyone!

ETA: Right after I posted this, I got an email from my Craigslist ad that they have been spotted on Cady Lane!! We may be able to save them after all! :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I know this isn't the ideal place for this message, but I know a lot of NH / New England poultry folks read this thread and frankly, I am not sure where else on the site I should post this -- but I just remembered BYC and I am trying to get the word out, so I figure it is worth a post!

I was driving home from the Poultry Congress last night going up Chesterfield Hill in NH when my truck up and flipped over. I was transporting four new geese in the back of the truck (I have a modified truck cap that we made specifically for transporting critters) and they got loose in the accident. We caught two of them but two are still missing somewhere in Chesterfield.

I know it's a really really LONG shot, and they've probably been eaten by coyotes by now :( Still, these were gorgeous geese and it is so sad for me to think of them wandering around helplessly. One is an exhibition African and the other is an exhibition African/Toulouse cross.

If anyone hears word of two big, weird-looking geese wandering around the Chesterfield area, could you please PM me on here?

Thanks so much everyone!

ETA: Right after I posted this, I got an email from my Craigslist ad that they have been spotted on Cady Lane!! We may be able to save them after all! :)

I am not in that area, but I do wish you luck in finding them and bring them home safe.

Thank you!

Yes, there are some truly wonderful people in the world. I had rolled it and the truck was lying on the driver's side, and two men stopped (in a snowstorm, on one of the worst hills in the area) and managed to get the passenger's side door open, and one of them lifted me out. They then stayed with me until the emergency vehicles showed up. A woman also stopped, who said she was a nurse, to make sure I was okay. I wish I had their information to send a more involved thank-you. I can only hope that they know how much their help and concern is appreciated.

We drove to the place where the geese were sighted yesterday and spent ~1.5 hours looking for them on the back road where they had been spotted, but didn't see any tracks. We'd given up and were driving home when all of a sudden, about a mile down the road towards town, and on the side of the highway: there was a goose! We managed to catch it and bring it home safely, but only after my husband went on about a 20 minute literal "wild goose chase" ...

I am so so happy and thankful that we found this one. We now have recovered both of the African/Toulouse crosses and they are such amazing birds, and I've never seen others like them. I think it must be fairly unusual for a breeder of high-end exhibition birds like these to cross them, and I felt so awful when they went missing! The 2nd African is still missing, but we're keeping an eye open for it ... I just hope we, or some other human, can find it before a coyote does. :( (Although, our experience yesterday makes me re-think my impression of them as completely helpless, "predator-bait" birds ......!)

What a wonderful story, I'm so glad you were able to recover another one of the missing geese! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the last one, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom