CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be anyone at the Merrimack swap selling chicks (EE's would be nice, Jersey Giants would be great too, but I have never seen them at a swap)? I need to replace my flock and I haven't been to a swap and long time. How is the one in Merrimack, are there usually alot of vendors there. I am going to have cash and I am not afraid to use it
big_smile.png

- Bill

Quote:
the paper work is not for the birds it is for the store and it is not free. the store has to want swaps bad enough to send money to the dept of agriculture every year. most tractor supply stores are willing to do that. alot of stores want swaps UNTIL they find out they are not free.

Quote:
hi Bill,
love your byline about the filter
lol.png
last year I saw plenty of ee's and giants. I had both breeds myself. there have been some nice ee's this year. we have an order on the way for pullets.
rhode island reds
buff orpingtons
americuana
silverlaced wyandottes
black sex links
barred rocks
these birds will not leave our care until they are 4 weeks old fat and sassy.
unless someone advertises in advance, there is no way to know what will show up. sometimes you have to attend a few swaps to get everything you want.
but they are alot of fun and you meet many nice people.
I breed alot of "unusual" birds that you would never see anywhere else. there are photos of some of my children on previous pages. I love the wow factor. my hatching partner has some real beauties right now that are close to ready to go age. I have had a busy week hatching silkies,showgirls,and naked necks.
this weekend I have 6 pedigreed lionhead bunnies ready to go just in time for easter.

15886_my_chickens_876.jpg

Quote:
I don't think it's alot. a swap brings in new customers to the store. they make extra sales the day of the swap to customers from out of town who would never go to that store otherwise. local folks buy and become regular store customers. it is good for the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom