CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be from my Polish....I don't remember which coops they came from honestly. Not only that when my kids collect them I have absolutley no chance of sorting them hahaha. The polish chicks will only have 4 toes and have huge nostrils. If they are from my Polish they could be a variety of many colors...roo was buff laced and the girls are black, white crested black, buff laced, white crested blue. Where are the pics!?!?!?!
jumpy.gif

it's a great way to turn food you no longer want into eggs that you do want. of course your flax seeds and oatmeal are super healthy. I bought some flax seeds yesterday. they have a granola recipie on the bag that sounds good. was thinking of trying the recipie this weekend especially if the weather is bad. do you eat them yourself?
I eat them all the time (ground up with a spice mill). I also make yummy bread with them-- I can't eat gluten, so anything to make gluten free bread taste better is worth it!:D

I forgot to look at their toes, which I will go do right now. And I haven't totally figured out pictures, especially with the new BYC, but here is my attempt...

Some of Brandy's chicks close up:

One of four barnevelders:

A partridge? silkie from Hot2Pot (I got 5/17 from this hatch, the others are splash? buff?):

A bantam americana that I think will be splash (soooo pretty) FYI, sorry about the picture orientation... I am not actually holding her upside down:

They might be from my Polish....I don't remember which coops they came from honestly. Not only that when my kids collect them I have absolutley no chance of sorting them hahaha. The polish chicks will only have 4 toes and have huge nostrils. If they are from my Polish they could be a variety of many colors...roo was buff laced and the girls are black, white crested black, buff laced, white crested blue. Where are the pics!?!?!?!
jumpy.gif

Oops... one more a bantam americana.... soooo pretty. FYI, not actually holding her upside down, just couldn't figure out how to flip the picture...

O

In another month or so, I am going to be wanting 8-10 std. chickens (pullets, or hatching eggs). I want DARK BROWN eggs. I usually go with what the bird looks like, but I want dark eggs and dont care this go-round of hens. LOL. I know Marans lay chocolate dark ones, what else does? And do any of you folks here in NH think you may have any eggs or pullets (just not chicks) for sale?
Starting my spring planning now! :)

Last edited:
In another month or so, I am going to be wanting 8-10 std. chickens (pullets, or hatching eggs). I want DARK BROWN eggs. I usually go with what the bird looks like, but I want dark eggs and dont care this go-round of hens. LOL. I know Marans lay chocolate dark ones, what else does? And do any of you folks here in NH think you may have any eggs or pullets (just not chicks) for sale?
Starting my spring planning now! :)

Welsummers and Barnevelders also lay dark eggs. I found Barnies and Wellies to be more flighty.

I will be selling off some of my current marans breeding flock late in the Spring. Nothing wrong with them...1 year to 14 months old. They do not fit into my breeding plan. Will also sell my rooster with some girls as breeding trio or quad.

I also have hatching eggs. Contact me if interested :)

Does anyone know of a contact/person that has Gray Call Ducks - I'd prefer to add a few juvenile-adult females, but would settle for eggs or ducklings if I had too ... seems if anyone does have any Calls - they're always in pairs :-(

I am also over run with Roos that are starting to hate each other ... 2 Americana's, a beautiful Bantam Cochin (black with gold lacing around his neck - Father was Mille Fleur, Mother was Lavendar) ... 2 - CochinXSilkie X Cochin, 1 - CochinXsilkie somthing-or-other gray with barring and rosecomb - light leg feathering...

I can take pictures - but at this point I'm at max capacity for separation... They've got to go

3 Call Drakes (1 is CallXPekin X Call) black&whites ... How do I end up with so many boys! ? (ducks were hatched by a broody bantam :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom