Chicken Sweaters & Other Home-Made chicken crafts

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been in the middle of moving across 3 states with all my critters, including my chickens!

I really don't know what to charge for the sweaters. Anyone have any input on what a fair price would be?
when you figure out what you want to charge please let me know, i would like one.

when you figure out what you want to charge please let me know, i would like one.
I think I'll charge $12. Of course, I want the best odds of them fitting, so if anyone wants to buy one, PM me the kind of chicken you have and anything else you can tell me about size and I'll make my best guess.

Also, since I don't have a bunch made up, I'll have to make them per order - which shouldn't take me long unless I have unexpected issues with my hands (which happens sometimes).

Hi, I really need one for a molting hen but she needs it to cover under her where she has lost almost all her down. The hair between her legs is GONE and I can see just skin. Can you make one for her? She is pretty cold right now.

Here is a pic her. She is a small BR. I got this one for the next few days until I can get one that will allow her to use her wings. All her leg hair is gone and she was pretty mad at me so when I put the sweater one, whatever down she did have, is now in the vacuum cleaner. She wont be able to get on the roost tonight so Ill put her up there when its time. I can pay you through paypal so I can have it asap.

If you cant help me, maybe you can recommend someone else?

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I actually was referred to someone who is pretty close to me on FB right after I posted here today she is going to make one for Helen. I broke down and brought Helen in tonight. She was amazingly warm on the outside and thought she was doing fine then thought since I have never been able to feel heat coming off a hen before, maybe she wasnt so good afterall and bringing her in would be ok. I hope I did the right thing. Its getting down to 26 tonight and she doesnt roost with anyone else. No one to get all snuggy up with. Now she has her sweater off and inside a crate in 68 degrees. If nothing else she can rest and not shiver.

Thanks again for offering to make one for her.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I actually was referred to someone who is pretty close to me on FB right after I posted here today she is going to make one for Helen. I broke down and brought Helen in tonight. She was amazingly warm on the outside and thought she was doing fine then thought since I have never been able to feel heat coming off a hen before, maybe she wasnt so good afterall and bringing her in would be ok. I hope I did the right thing. Its getting down to 26 tonight and she doesnt roost with anyone else. No one to get all snuggy up with. Now she has her sweater off and inside a crate in 68 degrees. If nothing else she can rest and not shiver.

Thanks again for offering to make one for her.
OK, good luck. I would tell your friend that, just based on my experience making these from the standard rescue pattern, my bet is that in order to get one to fit her, she will need to use size SIX needles INSTEAD OF the recommended size eight, or it will be too big, I think. Good luck.

big_smile.png

Those are so cute! How long does it take you to make one of them? I personally haven't made anything like this for my chickens, but I did just order two chicken diapers for my soon-to-be house chicken from someone here on BYC. I might try my hand at making them myself if I ever need more, but we'll see.

I'd love to see a picture of one of your sweaters on your chickens. I bet it would look so cute!
love.gif
here is one she made for my baby, who just has fuzz no feathers

Back
Top Bottom