Chicken tender new mom

KellyJ74

Chirping
Sep 10, 2022
El Paso, TX
Hello chicken hive mind ☺️
I recently became the mamma to 16 baby chicks.
There are black sex link, speckled sussex buckeye and Australorp babies. We've discovered that one of the Sussex is a cockerel and I think one of the Australorps is a strong possibility for a cockerel as well. We had one of the buckeye chicks develope wry neck, and I've been working on getting her better, which is finally paying off.
I'm in the process of cleaning out a 10x8 wood garden shed to convert into their coop. And I'm also trying to figure out what kind of chicken tractor to build as we've got a family of hawks that routinely fly around our property as well as raccoons, skunks, snakes and feral cats to keep out of the coop, run & tractor.
The picture is the 2 brooders I made, plus a"quarantine brooder for the little one with wry neck. There's lids for the brooders, btw.
I'm looking forward to making myself a better chicken tender with your help 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20220829_220858087.jpg
    PXL_20220829_220858087.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello chicken hive mind ☺️
I recently became the mamma to 16 baby chicks.
There are black sex link, speckled sussex buckeye and Australorp babies. We've discovered that one of the Sussex is a cockerel and I think one of the Australorps is a strong possibility for a cockerel as well. We had one of the buckeye chicks develope wry neck, and I've been working on getting her better, which is finally paying off.
I'm in the process of cleaning out a 10x8 wood garden shed to convert into their coop. And I'm also trying to figure out what kind of chicken tractor to build as we've got a family of hawks that routinely fly around our property as well as raccoons, skunks, snakes and feral cats to keep out of the coop, run & tractor.
The picture is the 2 brooders I made, plus a"quarantine brooder for the little one with wry neck. There's lids for the brooders, btw.
I'm looking forward to making myself a better chicken tender with your help 😁
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom