chicken virus (that affects humans?)

kefiren

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2011
On the windy MA/NH border
A friend told me that she has a degenerative disease of one eye, and that her doctor has blamed it on visiting a chicken coop *as a child* *once* and not washing her hands properly.

the woman is now over fifty.

Is this a thing?

I couldn't help but reply that I have been up to my elbows in chicken poopie for years and years...

It's possible. Occasionally you hear of someone who really did get something, but it's not that common. It's entirely possible the Dr. said it was a 'possibility' and the patient took that as a 'for sure'. Frankly, many humans get 'things' where the true answer to where it came from is never known for sure. I'm not dismissing the claim, just being logical about it knowing nothing else. And as always, everyone's immune system is a bit different, as are sanitary practices.
Here's a short article that talks about the more common things that could potentially come from being around chickens.
http://www.idph.state.il.us/health/infect/Poultry.htm

My own opinion is that idea to add some pre-formed vitimin A, (and the other vities you find in EGG YOLK)!!!! would be a much better focus for the woman, than to scare her off of eggs!

Eggs are mother natures perfect food. Unless someone is allergic or simply loathes them, I'm sad when they go off them based on some bizarre information they got somewhere. Humans have eaten eggs since the beginning of time.

It's almost laughable and a bit nuts. People have become so paranoid. It's not been that long since everyone raised their own food. Had gardens for canning..we've become so commercial it's sad...

Back
Top Bottom