Chicken walking backwards! Help!!

Kearaaaa23

Chirping
May 18, 2023
Hello everyone, my 4 month old Rhode rock pullet is walking backwards occasionally. I’ve had this problem before with a chick but I don’t really know why it happens. The chick used to walk backwards with her head down and crouching but my 4 month old just walks backwards with her head up occasionally. Only she is doing this in my flock. Is it something to be concerned about and can I do anything to help? Any suggestions will help thanks! :)

Hello!! I’m sorry to hear this. It’s not fun when the chickies are sick. Would it be possible to attach a photo of her?? Also has this been a more recent occurrence or has she been doing this for a while now?

Could be a deficiency in vitamins. I had one do sumer saults from that. They can also get a crazy neck from lack of vitamins. I haven't seen your bird but won't hurt to add some vitamins and see if it helps. Multi vitamins with B and D in it. Hope this helps. Best wishes

Hello!! I’m sorry to hear this. It’s not fun when the chickies are sick. Would it be possible to attach a photo of her?? Also has this been a more recent occurrence or has she been doing this for a while now?
Hello, we got her a month ago and she’s doing everything like a normal chicken would. I only noticed her walking backwards 2 days ago and it dosent really happen often so it’d be hard to record compared to my chick who walked backwards constantly. Right now my flock is being treated with corid. Here’s a picture of her btw! IMG_6327.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom