Chicken walking like a duck

Caityvoss

Chirping
Jan 24, 2022
I’m semi new to owning chickens, I noticed my chicken was walking with her tail down kind of like a duck. I checked her vent and noticed there was lice, I treated her and the rest of the chickens over the last three weeks, I haven’t noticed any lice on any of them. Problem is she still is walking like a duck at certain times with her tail down, to my knowledge they have all been laying fine.. does it take a while before they start to feel better after the lice?!

Walking like a duck indicates a reproductive issue, feel between her legs for a swelling. How old is she and what's her diet.
She’s less than a year but in her laying stage… I did try to feel around for an egg and I noticed it felt kinda big down there but she’s a bigger chicken so I couldn’t tell if that was normal or abnormal for her

She’s less than a year but in her laying stage… I did try to feel around for an egg and I noticed it felt kinda big down there but she’s a bigger chicken so I couldn’t tell if that was normal or abnormal for her
If that’s what it is, what is the solution?

Back
Top Bottom