Chicken water nipples reviews?

I use the horizontal ones that Rich sells. BEST decision I have made regarding chickens. They do not leak, they stay clean and I don't have to haul water everyday. I would recommend them to anyone. They will save you tons of work. My chickens were using them within an hour.

how do the nipples work in winter? Will an aquarium heater in the bucket prevent the nipples from freezing?

In real cold climates if you build your system as a closed loop and use a pump to circulate the water, you should never have a problem with it freezing especially if you put a small heater in your supply tank. I don't live in a climate where I have to worry about it so I've never tried to engineer one but I bet it could be done without to much work especially if you use the horizontal nipples.

We use these exclusively and love them! neat and clear- no chicken poo in the container as there is no container. We have two set-ups and the girls love them!

I installed a nipple system but the girls won't use them. They only like their old watering can. I took it away after a few days and they were clearly very thirsty. I thought I had the nipples installed too low so I raised them to slightly above their normal eye level. No luck. They still ignore them. ??

Any advice?

Sam

Horizontal nipples from Solway Feeders don't leak. They also work on 1/8' Pipe thread or drill and screw in PVC and as a push in. Best of all they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Visit his store while there he has other poultry stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221392072735?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I agree, these are the best poultry water nipples on the market Period. No others come close to working as well and the seller is a stand up guy also. Either buy his complete auto kit with bucket and float or be creativity and buy the nipples and build your own. If you don't have the skills needed to build something yourself then the complete system he offers is maybe the best being offered for sale at this time.

If you happen to live in or near Atlanta GA and need help send me a PM and I'll come help you design and build a system that will last for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom