Chicken with big hole on head

3DCHICKEN,
You did such a wonderful job for your Hope...................She is very lucky to have you caring for her............
thumbsup.gif

And thank You for the up date. It is amazing what they can heal from...

Update: Hope is doing fine and dandy now! Her (and the whole flock of my chickens) are now dealing with a blizzard-y cold winter. The worst winter in years, and it is only just about half over.
th.gif
They don't seem to mind it all too much. A couple of their combs have frost bite on the tips, but nothing I don't think is too concerning, as it is -30 out there, and is to be expected. They are not lethargic. They prance around the coop when I come to feed them. If they can make it through this, they can make it through the worst our area can throw at us!

I hope this thread gives anyone with this same issue some hope in the future. Because all I did was clean out her cut with warm salt water and then put Polysporin (one that doesn't have the pain reliever in it- just the original formula) gently all over the wound about two to three times a day for a month. It was healed over by then. :) I rolled her up in a towel so I wouldn't get water all over me and her. She seemed to like the warm salt water on it. I had to keep her in my house for the month so she wan't around the other chickens and their poo. let me just say that I was glad that this did manage to happen over summer break, and not when I was at school. She could walk all around the house!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom