Chicken with no comb???

moonstones

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 5, 2014
I have a 5 - 6 mth old chicken that has no comb at all. From the day I got it at about 2 months old it had literally looked like it had just been shaved, there is space for it and its red but not raised at all, totally flat. I have no idea what kind of chicken it is, it bit of a mix I think, it does have fluffy bits in the side of its feet. Can u have no comb? And even further can a rooster have no comb? (I'm suspicious) looking at the white one, the brown fellow has been busted crowing so he's been "identified" lol

It looks female to me, but a full side shot would help, and a close head shot from the front and side.

Sometime with hen that have pea combs, they are very small, even at adult age. My one EE hen with a pea comb, has a very flat, almost no comb at all, so its possible that its a very small pea comb.

I'm certainly no pro, but I would say female easter egger. My olive eggers (blend of easter egger and a brown egg layer) have very small combs, and some have slight fluffs of feathering on their legs from throwback genetics :) She is a pretty girl and will hopefully lay some lovely eggs for you!

I'm certainly no pro, but I would say female easter egger. My olive eggers (blend of easter egger and a brown egg layer) have very small combs, and some have slight fluffs of feathering on their legs from throwback genetics :) She is a pretty girl and will hopefully lay some lovely eggs for you!
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom