Chicken with nose spot + lice eggs?

Chickenclaw

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Australia, Vic
Hi,
I am 90% sure that the white spots on my chickens feathers are lice eggs, but I would like a second opinion from you guys.

80BAB18F-2D52-4FC4-890C-3B7D481A6753.jpeg

The second thing is that I noticed this strange white spot on my hen’s nose today and I’m not sure what it is or if it is bothering her (sorry it’s not a great photo).
23C1340A-7477-40A8-BBFB-6BAFF97895EB.jpeg

Thanks,

Yup. Nits. Apply permethrin poultry dusting powder ten days apart. You might take a tooth brush and brush off the nits before they cement themselves to the feather shafts and become impossible to remove without yanking the feathers.

If you have Blu-kote, take a Q-tip and dab a little on the white bump on the beak. If that doesn't dry it up and make it go away, come back and we'll take another look at it.

Yup. Nits. Apply permethrin poultry dusting powder ten days apart. You might take a tooth brush and brush off the nits before they cement themselves to the feather shafts and become impossible to remove without yanking the feathers.

If you have Blu-kote, take a Q-tip and dab a little on the white bump on the beak. If that doesn't dry it up and make it go away, come back and we'll take another look at it.
Thanks, I’ve started treating the flock for lice and will continue to treat the white beak bump. I’ll keep a close eye on them to see if there is less lice/eggs and check the beak bump.

Back
Top Bottom