Chicken worms

Birking-chickens

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2023
Help! I was down at the chicken coop the other day and on the roof there was a nasty poop completely infested with large worms and I’m worried it’s life threatening ( I will attach a pic below but beware it is nasty.) Please does anyone have any fast and (maybe natural) remedies that will help my chickens. Thanks.
IMG_4533.jpeg

Yikes. You're going to need product called Valbazen.
"give 1/2 ml orally and repeate in 10 days. SafeGuard liquid goat wormer is also an option, 1/4 ml given orally, and repeat in 10 days. SafeGuard may also be given for 5 straight days to treat other worms beside round worms. Valbazen treats those with just the 2 doses. Most feed stores carry SafeGuard, and if you cannot find Valbazen it is sold here:
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen-oral-suspension-500ml-w-cap/p. "
Unfortunately, there are no effective natural wormers.

Yikes. You're going to need product called Valbazen.
"give 1/2 ml orally and repeate in 10 days. SafeGuard liquid goat wormer is also an option, 1/4 ml given orally, and repeat in 10 days. SafeGuard may also be given for 5 straight days to treat other worms beside round worms. Valbazen treats those with just the 2 doses. Most feed stores carry SafeGuard, and if you cannot find Valbazen it is sold here:
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen-oral-suspension-500ml-w-cap/p. "
Unfortunately, there are no effective natural wormers.
Thank you. The hard thing is I don’t know which of the chickens is having the issue.

Valbazen or Safe-Guard sold for goats or horses.

Treat EVERYONE.

Is it safe to give chickens something for horses and goats? Also how will it affect my organic eggs?
Yes...the Safe-Guard product is actually the same exact thing but in a liquid form for the goat and a paste form for the horse.
Both can be used on a chicken.
Not quite sure what you mean by how it's going to affect your organic eggs.

Yes...the Safe-Guard product is actually the same exact thing but in a liquid form for the goat and a paste form for the horse.
Both can be used on a chicken.
Not quite sure what you mean by how it's going to affect your organic eggs.
Like am I going to have to throw out my eggs for a certain amount of weeks after giving them the medicine?

Back
Top Bottom