Chicken yeast infection

ClbkssR

Hatching
Jan 29, 2024
Hello I have 2 chickens that both have white sticky bottoms. Their breathing is very loud. Sounds like they are stuffy. I'm thinking they have yeast infections. I'm pretty positive they may have drank some spoiled water, from all the rain we had. I have given both my girls a warm bath in epson salt. I have a diffuser running in their coop with rosemary oil to help their breathing. I am worried about their breathing, when i look up chicken yeast infection it does say that could by a symptom. How do I treat their yeast infection? I seen u can give them monistat cream? Is that true?
Please help, I'm a new chicken owner not really sure what I should do. Thanks in advance...my hens are 7 months old

Hello I have 2 chickens that both have white sticky bottoms. Their breathing is very loud. Sounds like they are stuffy. I'm thinking they have yeast infections. I'm pretty positive they may have drank some spoiled water, from all the rain we had. I have given both my girls a warm bath in epson salt. I have a diffuser running in their coop with rosemary oil to help their breathing. I am worried about their breathing, when i look up chicken yeast infection it does say that could by a symptom. How do I treat their yeast infection? I seen u can give them monistat cream? Is that true?
Please help, I'm a new chicken owner not really sure what I should do. Thanks in advance...my hens are 7 months old
I am also new to this site and may have posted this in the wrong spot.

Yes, they can be given monostat. I'd remove the diffuser, xchickens can be highly sensitive to compounds.
Okay thanks for letting me know, I thought I read somewhere that it was okay. But I'll remove it.
Do I given them the oral monistat or just the cream?

Monistat comes in a cream or a suppository. If using the cream use 1/2 inch given orally twice a day. If using the suppository it is 1/3 twice a day given orally.

hi if it’s yeast infection i give u a miracle remedy
first is the Drumstick tree extract
Moringa Leaf extract
& Sweet Fennel Tea

these two herbal treatment clears yeast and candida

Back
Top Bottom