chickencondos.com???

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

The other posters have answered your question well.
smile.png

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have no personal experience with the premade coops but, have heard feedback from others who say they tend to look nice but, are not durable. The companies seems to inflate the no. of birds that can be comfortably houses. Generally for the price, people can make a much better one themselves.

Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate it. I pulled the trigger on their 4 x 6 Barn coop with an 8 x 8 run. I also bought their 8' X 3½' Spring Fling Mobile Chicken Run, to push them around the yard to allow them to eat some treats. I have about 2.5 acres, but I can not allow them to free range due to coyotes and hawks, here in NE Tennessee. Researching their company, they also build dog runs and have an A rating with the BBB, plus looking at their materials and everything they give with the coop, looked pretty decent. I love their security feature for around the coop and coop run to try to stop digging varmints. The 8 x 8 attached run comes with a roof and I figured I would put a few inches of builders sand in that run. I also figured I would use Pine shavings in the nest boxes and coop floor, which has trays you pull out and clean. This way, after a day of foraging in the mobile run, they can come back into the attached run with the sand, then into the coop for the night. I spent a bundle on the setup, but I wanted to try to get the best for the chickens. By the time I get eggs, I will probably be paying $50/ doz for them.
love.gif
. But hey, you can not beat fresh eggs and who knows what is going to happen with the economy, at least I will have eggs.

What do you think so far? Any good? I guess, in a few months, I should have some reviews to give. Hopefully, good ones.
love.gif

Drumstick diva
Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have no personal experience with the premade coops but, have heard feedback from others who say they tend to look nice but, are not durable. The companies seems to inflate the no. of birds that can be comfortably houses. Generally for the price, people can make a much better one themselves.
I know what you mean but we are getting up in years and just can not do what we used to do, especially after a couple of hip surgeries. UGH! You are absolutely right about inflating the # of birds, so I am going by the 4 sq' and 10 sq' rule. I so appreciate very much your input.

I found coop that looks identical to the large Rhode Island coop here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFO5KNW/?tag=backy-20

Reviews are pretty promising. Plus, this doesn't include shipping costs. Shipping from chickencondos to the East coast is looking to be very expensive unfortunately. I got a quote of $158 to ship the one coop. :-/

Hi Hounddog777!

How are you liking your coop? I always imagined myself with a more country classic wood coop, rather than metal, but a coop that is durable against predators wins over aesthetics, so I'm seriously considering the barn coop/run as well. Have you added any more chickens to your flock, and if so, are you happy with the size of your coop? How is the coop holding up against the sun/rain? There are so many prefab coops out there, but this company looks very different, since they aren't wood. My only hesitation is the cost, but it looks worth it if it really is as durable and predator-proof as they say. I currently have 4 pullets, but I plan to add more as the years go on, so I want to make sure that this coop will suit my needs. I would love your input! Also, pictures are welcome!

Hi
My wife and I are just getting started with raising chickens for eggs, needless to say, we are newbies. I want to buy a premade coop and saw chickencondos.com. They look pretty good and was wondering if anyone here has a review for this company or can recommend a company. We are starting with 6 hens but buying a coop to house up to 15.

Thank you for any input
Did you end up buying from chickencondos.com?

Back
Top Bottom