Chickens and Cows

Missouri Maiden

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Southwest Missouri
We are building a tractor for my new chickens that are coming, and we were just going to roll it around in the cow pasture. They won't be free ranging, they will be in a pen outside of the tractor, and I was wondering can we do this? Do chickens/cows get sick from being around each other?
+ =
idunno.gif

Quote:
I had a rooster that fell in love with my cow - moved in with her and regularly slept on her back whenever she would lay down to take a nap herself. (I got pics somewhere...)

Neither of them ever got ill
big_smile.png

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
I had a rooster that fell in love with my cow - moved in with her and regularly slept on her back whenever she would lay down to take a nap herself. (I got pics somewhere...)

Neither of them ever got ill
big_smile.png

A rooster on a cow's back? That's soooooo cute.​

Ok, not the best pics - they were behind the fence ... but here is a series of pics - this rooster hung out with the cow most of the time - mainly because he was low chicken on the totem pole, and got picked on by everyone else with feathers.

Shortly after this "kiss" by the cow, he fell off (wouldn't you?
lau.gif
)

9b3e9d72.jpg

d5b91035.jpg

7e075464.jpg

e77508ce.jpg

But he got back on again - he really liked that cow
gig.gif

3f368b8f.jpg

Won't hurt them chickens one bit.
Like the one post said they love to scratch in cow or horse poo.

They find all kinds of seeds in the fresh stuff and bugs in the old stuff.

I just read about this yesterday in an older veterinary book for livestock raisers. It said that cows can test positive for bovine TB if they are around chickens that have avian TB. I guess cows can't be sold if they test pos. for TB. Don't know if this still pertains but it is worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom