Chickens and ducks in same coop???

Ok I tried them in the chicken coop and it is just not going to work
th.gif
. Way too messy and making chicken coop stink
sickbyc.gif
. So had DH drag an old(not real old and has shingled roof and siding on it more of a "mini house" that DH built that used leftovers from our house so it looks like our house too lol) into the run and made a latching door on it and now I have a mini duck house
clap.gif
lol sooo no more coop being a mess. Now just have to figure out how to clean it out without crawling in myself lol.....
hu.gif
sickbyc.gif

I had 6 ducklings in with my chickens and the chickens pecked at one of them and ended up making a big hole in its head and now its blind
sad.png
So we had to separate them.

I must have the most angelic ducks and chickens, they love each other..... btw I LOVE my ducks! I can't imagine how anyone could kill or eat one.... breaks my heart

I have 43 5-week old chicks and 25 3-week old ducklings in the barn together because we are being slow getting the chicken coop built. No water in the barn. It lives in a verandah annex. The birds spend all day outside in an electronet enclosure.

I put 2 male ducks in with my 8 chickens and the ducks constantly harrassed the ducks so they stopped laying and the ducks eventually killed 2 of the hens. I then trie female ducks and everyone gets along but the ducks added alot of work to the operation due to thier mess.

Quote:
I just tried putting them together and the chicks kept pecking at the poor ducklings feet and light spot on its bill so I seperated them before real damage was done.

We have our ducks with our chickens....but they are happy together,
idunno.gif
and we don't want to seperate them. No food or water in our enclosed coop though.....JUST in the run.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You have every right to your own opinion, but you ARE on a forum for DUCK LOVERS.

Therefore, you also may want to consider keeping these type of things to yourself.
hmm.png

2287184700075955299S600x600Q85.jpg

I had to make a partition seperating the two groups. Not the best but it will do for now.

2262568840075955299S600x600Q85.jpg

The Brahma still wants to be a bad neighbor but now they can get away. They're a Swedish Blue and Khaki Campbell.

Back
Top Bottom