chickens and water hose

wvgal61

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Troutman, nc
I have 14 gold comets that I got about a month ago. These girls love the water hose, when we go to freshen up their water they love to play in the spray of the hose. Does anyone else have chickens that like to play in running water? It is so funny to watch them.
D.gif
this is how they look when they get in the spray of water

Mine HATE the hose! They are okay with a puddle or shallow pool of water but when I spray the hose the girls fly full speed back to the coop!

Mine LOVE the water like yours, all 6 of them will be in the coop and when i turn on the hose all I will hear is them flying and running over to play in the water. Mine also seem to come outside a lot when its raining too, i have to force them inside.

When my chickens see me they all come running to the gate of their run. Then they see me pick up the hose and they jump all over each other trying to get away. I use the hose to fill their waterers so you would think they would be used to it by now, but nope. They also have a baby pool in their run that they like to drink from and perch on, but they won't go in it.

Back
Top Bottom