Chickens are locked in the coop now,because of garden.

flash5153

Chirping
9 Years
May 23, 2010
And they are not happy about it.

I can't let them out anymore because they will get into the garden and tear it up. Or the neighbors garden.

I have a 20x 20 fenced in area for them,,and a coop for laying. ,,but it is not enough,,they want out.
I have 10 chickens that are used to going out in the yard all day,,until now that I am planting the garden.

I can fence the garden it with 3 ft fence,,but not sure it will help. I have another huge garden also,,farther away that they usually never go to. I can't fence it in.

I was thinking about only letting them out later in the evening,,maybe a hour before dark. So they can't/won't get to far away to garden and cause trouble.

Any ideas on how to go about this??

I'm going to fence the vegetable garden off. They seem to ignore the perennials, and dig around them, but do eat some varieties of plants. Nothing too bad.

God forbid they find the mulch.. You have mulch in your garden - all bets are off. They really like to mess around with mulch and it's hard to get back in the right place. They dust bathe in it. (They do in dirt as well, but it doesn't seem to make a mess like mulch does!).

However, you have to keep them out of the neighbours garden.. That is calling for some complaints.

I don't really have any mulch. But they like to dig in the dirt. I think once the plants get bigger it will be OK. As far as eating them.

Then again ,,once the tomatoes,,veggies are growing they are in danger.

I noticed the longer they are out in the day,,the farther they wander. And why I was thinking just the last hour or so.

I don't really have any mulch. But they like to dig in the dirt. I think once the plants get bigger it will be OK. As far as eating them.

Then again ,,once the tomatoes,,veggies are growing they are in danger.

I noticed the longer they are out in the day,,the farther they wander. And why I was thinking just the last hour or so.
We need a motion detector sprinkler! That would really work! :D

Back
Top Bottom