Chickens aren't laying yet

It could be lots of things but most likely point of lay in the dead of winter.
Two things, what time do they get out in the morning/do you add lights.
What do you mean by 'all the right food'?

they get out at 7.30. I mean like i have feed them the right way from when they were chicks

I use the Cayenne pepper method for late bloomers!

Its what my granny did and is what my family has done for over 100 years. We mix up a pan of corn bread as a treat (11x13 pan) but add 4 TBL sp of cayenne pepper powder. Chickens do NOT taste heat like humans do, so dont worry....Search for pepper thread. It is the capsaiacin (how ever its spelled) lol

The capsaicin is a chemical jump start for the reproduction system for the hens. It will not hurt them in any way! Like I said my family has been doing this for over 100 years! It will not increase more than normal production (1 egg per 20-28 Hrs) But it will kisk start the system and helps to re start after molt or winter slowdown! Usually 3-4 days later you can expect eggs. sometimes you may need to do it a second time. I have heard of people just sprinkling it over their feed. But i like the corn bread treat method!

Good Luck and God Bless!
fl.gif

It could be lots of things but most likely point of lay in the dead of winter.
Two things, what time do they get out in the morning/do you add lights.
What do you mean by 'all the right food'?

My girls all just started laying between the age of 18 weeks (RIR) EE's started at 24 -26 (where they are now, I think they are all laying now but don't know, haven't got 7 in one day yet) the Brahma are also laying and they are 26 weeks. I give no extra lighting, they are fed Laynea Plus, I did spike it with cayenne pepper a couple weeks ago for a few days
wink.png
) They were out in coop by 12 weeks. I let them out early, door is open at 5am on work days, they free range and were out there at dawn today. When we had a snow storm and got 6 inches they were out in it the next day. there were chicken highways all over the yard. They are very healthy birds. They will lay when ready. Or you could spike their feed with cayenne pepper
big_smile.png
and give a boost
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom