Chickens ate kinetic sand

BriannaR

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2022
Ugh my chickens got into some kinetic play sand, probably about 1/3 cup total. It was dumped accidentally from a children’s toy into their free range area. I caught them eating it fairly quickly, but not sure how much they each ate. It looked like most of it was left by the time they were caught. I have 4 birds total.
Looking online, it seems that most brands of kinetic sand are mostly sand with some dimethicone mixed in, which allows it to clump.
I’m worried that it might clump up in their crop??? They free range all day, with access to grit and very rocky soil.
Do I watch and wait or do anything in the meantime?
Thank you!!!!

Feed them raw egg white. It's slimy qualities will hopefully carry the sand out of the crop and safely through the digestive system. Do it immediately. Do not wait until morning.

Feed them raw egg white. It's slimy qualities will hopefully carry the sand out of the crop and safely through the digestive system. Do it immediately. Do not wait until morning.
Thank you! Just gave them some and they gobbled it up. Should I give them more tomorrow morning?

Back
Top Bottom