Chickens covered in snow in coop! Will they be ok??

Are your chickens ok?

Can you move them to a basement or garage? It looks dangerous for them. Hope someone more experienced can help.
Someone on here recommend I staple a tshirts to my coop windows when the snow was blowing in. Is that a possibility for you? We didn't have THAT much like you do but it helped a lot.

Someone on here recommend I staple a tshirts to my coop windows when the snow was blowing in. Is that a possibility for you? We didn't have THAT much like you do but it helped a lot.
they are in the coop, which is closed up and I've covered the ventilation areas that snow was getting in so they are doing okay in there. they are not going into this run until I figure out how to shovel it out when the storm is done! I am hoping tomorrow. You can see their automatic door in the photo but it's turn off so it doesn't open until the run is safe. I've been checking on them every few hours and bring them water as well. And yes - I stapled a couple tea towels over some of the areas!

I'm in south-eastern ontario! this is storm like we've Never seen before.
Like area in red on map?
If so, likely lake effect snow?
1671916341153.png

they are in the coop, which is closed up and I've covered the ventilation areas that snow was getting in so they are doing okay in there. they are not going into this run until I figure out how to shovel it out when the storm is done! I am hoping tomorrow. You can see their automatic door in the photo but it's turn off so it doesn't open until the run is safe. I've been checking on them every few hours and bring them water as well. And yes - I stapled a couple tea towels over some of the areas!
Im glad they're ok! Will the snow melt before long? It would be nice if Mother Nature could give you a hand.

Im glad they're ok! Will the snow melt before long? It would be nice if Mother Nature could give you a hand.
it seems like it's going up to 8c next week sometime...but that means there might be a lake, ha! I'm hoping to be able to shovel/bucket at least a strip down the centre so I can lay down a bunch of woodchips so they have a dry area.

Back
Top Bottom