chickens drinking poooooopy water

CibolaChooks

Songster
7 Years
Jun 24, 2012
albuquerque nm
I change the water in my duck tank every morning. But needless to say that makes no difference in how nasty and gross the water gets daily. My main roo and some of the pullets keep drinking the nasty water even though there is fresh clean water put out multiple times a day. Do i need to worry much or make an effort to keep them out of the duck area.

welcome-byc.gif
and chickens do what chickens do. Got a big water filled with cold water and ice in the coop,a gravity one in the run tied to the fence and a tub for filled with mostly clean water to cool off in, where are they drinking? In the puddle that formed in the run. No figuring them

Mine drink out of the puddle around the fresh water I put out too! The pools can be full of cool clean water and the chicken are picking at the mud for drinks. The ducks always make me feel better because they actually drink out of the clean water LOL!

I like to run the garden hose on the lawn to make a fresh puddle for the chickens and ducks to drink from. I think they like walking in it, probably cools them down a good bit. The Silkies especially like it.

As for chickens drinking gross duck water, mine do it too :rolleyes:

Mine also prefer the duck pool and puddles in the run vs the clean water. I just tell myself they're getting all their minerals.

Back
Top Bottom