Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Mine love watermelon and apples. I give them a huge variety, but those are favorites. It's creepy, but they also like grilled chicken lol

We had the same experience, they wanted nothing to do with the fresh corn on the cob, but boy oh boy, day 2 they were all over it.

Mine love watermelon and apples. I give them a huge variety, but those are favorites. It's creepy, but they also like grilled chicken lol
welcome-byc.gif
Not creepy. They are carnivores and eat any and all meat. Cooked for not. I mix a small bit of raw hamburger meat into the fermented feed that I give my 15 8 week olds. They get extra protein and love it. Tonight for supper they got chopped up cooked chicken, beef, scrambled eggs and bread.. I can't do it often because I don't have a lot of leftover meat but they love it.

My girls will eat just about anything, but they loooove bananas.

Their favorite thing of all time is any sort of meat or organs though.

My dogs eat a raw diet(mainly chicken leg bones) and the chickens can't get to it fast enough. The dog growls at them and they just come back for more. Now I've started giving them a bone for themselves as a treat. A grocery store gives me their clippings so I'm figuring out what they like and do not like. So far..

Watermelon - big hit
Cabbage - just so-so
Raw meat - nutso
Raw or cooked egg - nutso
Onion - no go
Anaheim pepper - no go
Banana - loved it
Sauerkraut - nutso (they jump on each other for it. I trained them to jump with this)

They also love the old cilantro and Swiss chard plant in the garden.

Honey Bites

My babies love to eat (treat).
I mix Dry corn & Honey.
Just heat the honey a little bit just enough to mix with dry corn and lay out over a Old cookie sheet.
to cool. Break into small pieces and share with Family ( chickens ).
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom