Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Mealworms. They love them. Never fails to draw them in no matter where they are on the property. We have 3 1/2 acres they get to free range most of it and every time I open the lid I keep the worms in they come a running.

Mashed potato, cheese, pasta, peanut-butter on bread. My girls absolutely love those things, they also love their oat and yoghurt mash(with the garlic of course!) and their seed scratch mix.

P.S. My girls have always loved sunflower seeds in their seed mix.
I forgot to add Garlic. I read somewhere right after I got our chicks that they love raw garlic and that it's good for them. So I skinned and diced maybe 3 cloves into small pieces put it in my hand and fed them. They were like wild beasts over it. Nice way to make garlic eggs before they're even in your pan.

I forgot to add Garlic. I read somewhere right after I got our chicks that they love raw garlic and that it's good for them. So I skinned and diced maybe 3 cloves into small pieces put it in my hand and fed them. They were like wild beasts over it. Nice way to make garlic eggs before they're even in your pan.
just as with other treats (probably even more so) be careful not to give too much. Garlic has the same sulphur compounds in it as what makes onions poisonous to chickens (and most animals), it's just not as highly concentrated in garlic as it is in onions.

Spaghetti
Happy Hem Mealworm Frenzy
Watermelon

The chicks will be getting little mealworm & quinoa corn cakes this evening
for their Chicken Party...LOL

Anyone out there can you leave suet cakes for your chickens
My youngest had brought one out to buy yesterday with sunflowers seeds
I just didn't know if they could have it or not,

Have a Great Wednesday

Mine love cilantro and beet greens!!

Last edited:
Mine go nuts over wheet seeds but yellow dry ones with eggs mixed with wheet bred and sesmi seed and i put a bit of vitaman c and e for healty hens

Last edited:
Mine love almost anything, but they go bonkers for Cheese and I do mean bonkers. If feeding it by hand you have to be real careful or you could lose a finger.

just as with other treats (probably even more so) be careful not to give too much. Garlic has the same sulphur compounds in it as what makes onions poisonous to chickens (and most animals), it's just not as highly concentrated in garlic as it is in onions.

Subs right. Too much garlic can cause anemia. This link busts a few myths.
But remember treats should be just that, treats.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/08/chicken-treats-guide-dont-love-your.html

Clabbered milk.
They gobble it up quick!! When I have an overabundance of raw milk, I put a half gallon in a bowl and leave it on counter. When it gets thick I give it to my girls and they love it. And it's so good for them!

Back
Top Bottom