Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Tractor Supply ComTpany of course.
Also you can toss in catfish food. The smellier the better as far as my chickens go.
Thanks a lot cowgirlboots I checked my local TSC and it's $18.99 for 50 # It's 32% protein. Wow. What a find. Added to my other grains it really beefs it up.
wee.gif

Corn and Watermelon!! Once when we were having a cookout (which is always corn and watermelon galore!) one of my free range Jersey Giants hopped right up on the picnic table! My mom of course was mad but had to give her a watermelon because it was just too darn cute!

Terrific, looking forward to your thread. Just the other day I met a sales rep for cereal dog food in Petsmart. After talking to her, I think she is going to give RAW Diet a try!

Corn and Watermelon!! Once when we were having a cookout (which is always corn and watermelon galore!) one of my free range Jersey Giants hopped right up on the picnic table! My mom of course was mad but had to give her a watermelon because it was just too darn cute!
That always happens to me. I'll be eating something and then our chicken just runs up and takes it from me. HaHaHa
wee.gif

So I was experimenting with my girls yesterday and was giving them some "treats". I tried a variety that included: banana, blueberries, black beans with corn, a hard boiled egg, and baked potato. Did not touch it! Nada, nothing, zilch. They do love locust shells though. I will be going tree to tree to get them some of those.
I think maybe they didn't have it available long enough or something cause every chick I've ever seen goes ape crap over hard boiled eggs.

Linda B220, TSC best prices around.
K9Dave, do you know the butcher?
I have found Chickens will eat just about anything. If they turn their noses up at something that is good for them, try offering it in something they are very familiar with like their regular food.

Linda B220, TSC best prices around.
K9Dave, do you know the butcher?
I have found Chickens will eat just about anything. If they turn their noses up at something that is good for them, try offering it in something they are very familiar with like their regular food.

Which butcher? I'm not personal friends with them if that's what you're asking? Just walked in and asked.

Back
Top Bottom