Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Min have been loving strawberries and bananas topped with plain Greek yogurt - spoiled little girls. I've also chopped up leftover steak and they loved it!
I'm sorry Chickybooboo, I am unfamiliar with the concept of leftover steak! LOL
th.gif

my chickens like green leaves and plants
they also like watermelon,strawberries and tomatoes
cracked corn is good but to much makes them fat
hmm.png

i like the mixed grains with some corn

Lol - I'm very picky and only eat the leanest parts, the rest used to go to the dogs but they're too fat anyways and I really enjoy treating the chickpea. The dogs are still spoiled too!

A friend gave me some quinoa that she was going to throw out because pantry moths had got to it. Certainly not something my chooks mind! I rinsed some of it and gave it to them raw and they loved it.

She gave me some raw macaroni noodles, too. Anyone know if it's ok to crush them up and give them raw, or would i need to cook them? I might just feed them to the worms, since noodles don't have that much nutrition to offer anyway.

My 11 week olds love black soldier fly larva. I found them in our overly wet compost bin at work. Since I had heard some people actually raise them as chicken feed, I thought I'd see if they would go for them. If chickens could talk, I'm pretty sure they'd be saying "Best thing ever!"
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif
Good to have you. Try it and see if it's what you want to do. I've tried several different things and said "Nope".
lau.gif

Did you give them the ripe black mulberries? my hens love those. I havent given them a branch with leaves and berries because most berries aren't ripe on the branches. I gotta try banana. Haven't done that yet and a lot of Chik'n owners say their Hens love it.

The leaves are almost as nutritious as the berries. I mince mine up and put in my fermented feed. Extra protein.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom