Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Our chickens get Fruit salad scraps today
plus a couple ground down egg shells
and whatever bolted greens are left in the garden today before I till.

they love garbanzo beans too.

Their preferred sprinkle, my daughter breaks up mealworms on top.

Our chickens are on the medicated chick crumbles right now from TSC

I went out armed with some peas yesterday. Everyone loved them and it was hilarious seeing them run around with little green things in their mouth.

Yesterday evening my 20 meat chicks were all covered in blood! No wait.. after a few seconds I realized it was spaghetti sauce LOL! I had given them the left overs from supper and I don't know how they did that, but they had tomato sauce all over their heads! haha I guess mine like tomatoes also!

We gave ours a serving of plain cooked oatmeal yesterday, they were not wild about it.
We probably won't take anymore because it attracted so many flies.
We'll be cleaning out the pen early this week to get all the oatmeal mess outta there.

We did find that they really liked eggplant and loved the bruised cukes from the garden.
We gave them the bird pecked eggplants.
I guess everything loves eggplants Us, the birds, and buggies.

Anyway I just thought I'd share, we'll have some beans to share with the chicks in the next week.

(Wilbur the duck who is boarding with the chicks for now, only took a liking to the cukes
Turned his nose up at everything but the them, meal worms, and his feed)

:pop

Yesterday evening my 20 meat chicks were all covered in blood! No wait.. after a few seconds I realized it was spaghetti sauce LOL! I had given them the left overs from supper and I don't know how they did that, but they had tomato sauce all over their heads! haha I guess mine like tomatoes also!

LOL! I think I would be totally freaked out if I saw my chickies covered in red. Too funny!:D

I was, I was, don't worry lol.
They are my first chicks ever, so I thought they had a major fight or something! haha. Not sure I will serve this again.. anyhow.. there is rarely leftover spaghetti, I love it!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom