Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

I'm going to start making them sauerkraut I think. I get it from the condiment thing at QT when I get a hot dog and bring it home to them. They go nuts. Anybody else try it yet?

K9Dave, just be aware when making saurkraut, it will really stink. I teach college bio and one of the experiments in the lab book is making kimchi. I've been wanting to try it so I searched the net and some said that it needs a lot of ventilation. good luck if you try it. I would love to hear how it turns out. The experiment uses a gallon soda jug. Really easy.

K9Dave, just be aware when making saurkraut, it will really stink. I teach college bio and one of the experiments in the lab book is making kimchi. I've been wanting to try it so I searched the net and some said that it needs a lot of ventilation. good luck if you try it. I would love to hear how it turns out. The experiment uses a gallon soda jug. Really easy.

Saurkraut smells 100 times better than Kimchi. Real kimchi gets buried in the ground for ages while it ferments. Temperature and scent control.

Sauerkraut is not too different than making fermented feed. We merely have to put the crocks of fermenting cabbage out on the porch for a few days.

Saurkraut smells 100 times better than Kimchi.  Real kimchi gets buried in the ground for ages while it ferments.  Temperature and scent control. 

Sauerkraut is not too different than making fermented feed. We merely have to put the crocks of fermenting cabbage out on the porch for a few days. 

I hear a lot of talk of fermented feed. What is the advantage of fermented vs. regular?

Saurkraut smells 100 times better than Kimchi.  Real kimchi gets buried in the ground for ages while it ferments.  Temperature and scent control. 

Share your recipe?

We are going to be having a rice party once a month just to entertain the kiddos,
Little did I know how the birds would act, When I opened the bowl, I must have had half of the little gals on my arms.
Not patient enough for me to put it down for them...LOL

Gotta take my teen with the cam next time maybe let her open the bowl and get a photo...Reminded my of
when we used to feed pigeons at the SC State house, they'd fly up to your hands and the bag and sit and
have a snack right in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom