Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

birdman55 excellent ideas...!!!
thumbsup.gif
I will try that...!
clap.gif
maybe oat seed for some nice oat grass, that would be a good idea for every one including our pet bunny who hangs out with the chickens ,

Me personally? I only feed plain yogurt to my girls. Each to his own, but if you ever have a sick chicken and you need to feed yogurt to them you should only feed plain, never flavored.

Me personally? I only feed plain yogurt to my girls. Each to his own, but if you ever have a sick chicken and you need to feed yogurt to them you should only feed plain, never flavored.

Ok, I admit I didn't give a thought to artificially flavored yogurt. I only get the yogurt with real fruit.

Mealworms, they go mental. And corn on cob!
Bananas they will eat
Love water melon
Bread
They won't touch carrot in any shape or form!

We sometimes go to the pet store and buy live crickets for our birds, they are a big hit. Nothing like hunting something that moves… drives them wild and brings out the animal in them, oh wait ~ they are animals. Well until you have seen this great chase you have not seen it all. As much fun for us as them, and cheeper than a movie.

Corn on the cob is good, as is raspberries, birds like an amazing number of things, try most everything on them, it may surprise what they cherish.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

We sometimes go to the pet store and buy live crickets for our birds, they are a big hit. Nothing like hunting something that moves… drives them wild and brings out the animal in them, oh wait ~ they are animals. Well until you have seen this great chase you have not seen it all. As much fun for us as them, and cheeper than a movie.

Corn on the cob is good, as is raspberries, birds like an amazing number of things, try most everything on them, it may surprise what they cherish.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ
gig.gif
I had to laugh at your post, RJ!! This is the time of year that we get tons of grasshoppers...everywhere. Most days when I'm out there watching chicken TV they're jumping around, which drives my girls nuts because the grasshoppers, while pretty small, don't ever make it through the 1/2" hardware cloth!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom