Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

My girls LOVE bread, popcorn, watermelon, tomatoes, and cabbage!
tongue.png

So popcorn is ok with the hulls? I just haven't given them any because I wasn't sure.

My chickens love mash. I make it with barley, protein supplement, and premixed scratch ( wheat, barley,peas) put in a lot of water (sometimes a little bit of milk) and let it sit over night, serve it in the morning. They go crazy for it! They also really like any kind if table scraps, actually I don't think my chickens have ever not eaten something.

Last edited:
My free ranging flock found their way into my compost pile, which consists of kitchen scraps, dirt, and the pine shavings from their coop. They love it. Yuck.
sickbyc.gif

Ya know what they're after in the compost pile is MEAT! They're getting all the bugs and worms they can scratch up from it.

I'm fine with that, it's just scratching through the chicken poo to get to those bugs that grosses me out. They obviously don't care, though. Lol!

Mine love grasshoppers.... and its fun to watch them catch them

We have some 7 week old chicks that have just discovered the grasshoppers now that they can go out in the large enclosure. They are so funny to watch, running around after the grasshoppers. It looks like good exercise and the fastest chick gets the prize (usually, sometimes it gets taken away by one of the bullies)!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom