Chickens hiding under shed!!

mamatoes

Songster
5 Years
Feb 29, 2016
Ontario
Hi all. I brought home 3 new birds to my existing flock of 4 and the new ones were in a pen with the old flock separated so they can look but not touch.
Well we had one slow intro day when we had some fighting and so I put the new ones away again and all 3 have hid under the coop. They are so far under I can’t crawl to get them and I’ve tried enticing out with food and they’re not coming out. I have no idea what to do. We have a lot of predators around here and I don’t want to lose my 3 new hens! Help!!!!!

One of my ideas was tomorrow putting two of my existing hens under the shed to hopefully scare/coax them out. I don’t know if this would work or not. My flock often hangs under the shed but they always come out to go to the coop at night. It’s night now and I’m so worried. It’s cold here.

if we ever save them we will lock them in the coop and make sure the bottom of the shed is not accessible to them anymore. No more lost chickens.

I might provide a light for them to move toward and gently “sweep” them toward it with a long stick (broom handle, hockey stick, whatever). Is there someone there who can help you? Do you happen to keep head lamps, That would free up your hands while providing light right where you look.

I’m so so so grateful to report that last night we lifted floor board from the inside and saved 2 of the 3 and thus afternoon and we saw the third on a tougher side of the shed so my whole family was under the coop and all around and thank goodness saved her!!!!! Happy ending! Now to block under the coop!

Back
Top Bottom