Chickens make me happy!!

Sheameister

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2024
Hello fellow chicken lovers! I'm a new member to this forum, and fairly new to falling in love with chickens. I began my small flock of 8 girls last year: 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Salmon Faverolles, and 2 Bielefelders. In May, I will have 8 more chicks arriving: 2 Buff Laced Polish, 2 Golden Campines, 2 Columbian Wyandottes, and 2 Silver Leghorns (hopefully, they will all prove to be girls, too!) Eggs are great, but definitely secondary to the companionship and laughter the girls provide me with on a daily basis. I feel blessed to finally know the pleasure of chicken keeping. I have much to learn and expect to continue learning for years to come to give my girls the best life possible. I look forward to the chicken expertise, advice, ideas and anecdotes on this forum.
IMG_3321.jpg

Great intro -- how could it not be with those lovely Salmon Faverolles?

Favs have beauty and personality beyond belief, plus there's they have a galloping gait that makes me smile. My girls also have plenty to say, all the time. I am convinced they are critiquing my every move. Loudly. And with great impatience. I hope yours are more understanding of you. :)

All of your starter flock breeds are great choices.

Welcome to BYC, Sheameister, and to sharing your life with incredible chickens; it's nice to meet you!

Great intro -- how could it not be with those lovely Salmon Faverolles?

Favs have beauty and personality beyond belief, plus there's they have a galloping gait that makes me smile. My girls also have plenty to say, all the time. I am convinced they are critiquing my every move. Loudly. And with great impatience. I hope yours are more understanding of you. :)

All of your starter flock breeds are great choices.

Welcome to BYC, Sheameister, and to sharing your life with incredible chickens; it's nice to meet you!
Hi CalendarGirl, love your emoji poualier 🥰

Back
Top Bottom