chickens not laying good

creaturelife

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
i have 25 chickens i did have 60 but i sold a bunch think that was the problem i went from no eggs to 1 after selling alot of them but i use to get alot more eggs from them when i had 25 i feed them laying feed i think i might need better nest boxes i m using milk carts right now does any one have a idea on geting them to lay better so i can start hatching some eggs or have any ideas for some easy and better nest boxs

i just went out today and moved the coop around to move the nest boxes into a darker spot and away from the door and i also sold one rooster and threw in 2 free ones just so i can down size with my roosters i m also going to sell 2 more roosters but i m going to add a hen with them to make a pair does any one think this will help

all the work i done help i dont know if it was moving the coop around or the roosters but some thing work i got 4 eggs today out of 15 hens i didnt think i would get any thing today but i did i was only getting a egg a day now i m up to 4 i wonder how many i will get tomarrow

I disagree with TallChickMagnet. I had to remove my roosters and house away from my hens. My egg production dropped to almost nil. At the very least out of 100 hens I was getting 14 eggs. I explored all reasons for poor egg laying when in the past I have super production. I had a feeling it was the roosters. So I removed them or him from the hens. That was the answer for me. He was causing havock. Those poor girls couldn't get a rest from him. My egg production tripled and more, more once he was gone. So that was the answer in my case.
wee.gif

i took 3 roosters out and now i have a hen that will lay a egg and eat it this is 2 years in a row i have had a egg eater on my hands i m going to take care of her to day and make me BBQ chicken i think it was my roosters and the way i had the nesting boxs right at the door but i did get 7 eggs today would have been 8 but that hen

Back
Top Bottom