Chickens of Gemini Starship

calientepocket

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 30, 2014
PNW- Gemini Starship
I have a mishmash of chickens, various breeds and ages. I took some pictures last night. I started my flock with 10 chicks from efowl.com, unfortunately only 4 made it this far. One turned out to be a rooster, an EE, and 3 Dominique hens. I have two W Leghorn hens, 4 unknown hens, and an unknown awesome rooster named Ninja Action. On Tuesday I picked up a 5-week Frizzle and four 3-week Silkies.

I snapped a few quick pics last night, I'll get more when it's nicer out.

Trying to come up with names for my four silkies- one blue and three partridge. Ideas welcome! Other hens have song theme names (Cecelia, Billie Jean, Layla, Roxanne, Eleanor Rigby, etc)

I got some more pictures today while we had a break in the rain. Last weekend we created a chicken run, before we had just been letting them free range the entire back yard, but grew tired of chicken poop on the porch.

Any ideas of what breed this lady may be?? The guy I got her from said she was some rare Swedish something-or-other. He was kind of shady, so I am not so sure. She was pretty beat up when I got her, but she is doing great now- her name is Roxanne.

NINJA ACTION our awesome cockerel. Supposed to be an Americauna/Speckled Sussex cross. About 5 months old.

Two crosses I got together, I am not sure what they are, the lady I got them from said maybe maran? They lay light brown, slightly speckled eggs. The all grey is Danger Zone and the one with orange is Layla.

Red is Goldie

Three Dominiques, Lil, Dirty Diana, and Billie Jean. Can't tell them apart except Lil is the smallest of the three

The coop and run.

Some photos of the chicks from yesterday. I'm thinking at least one of the silkies is a roo, Mr. Jackie Blue (last two pictures). You can kind of tell in the first picture that "he" is a bit larger than the other silkies.

Last edited:

Made an area in the coop for the chicks today. 10 Week frizzle and four 8 Week silkies. They were outgrowing the brooder and I figured this was a good way to familiarize everyone. Hens weren't too happy and surely told us all about it.

Back
Top Bottom