Chickens on the Way!

ALJ77

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 15, 2013
Philadelphia
Hello all, have been considering chickens for some time now, myself and a buddy have a reclaimed lot we tend to over in South. New Jersey, and currently growing vegetables and a bee hive, we have been doing this now for over 10 years and love it, chickens is the next phase of our garden, been doing research on breeds, coop sizes, building them, food, etc. As is, we have ordered 8 eggs coming in 2 weeks and 21 days later (if timing goes well) will have 4 one day old baby chicks delivered. We wanted to go with the experiencing of hatching our own with the eggs, but did not want to end up with any roosters, we do know the stats on sexing, Murphy's law and such, so we went with auto sexing Chic's for the days olds (Golden Buff "Red Star"), any eggs that hatch that are ro's we have a farm that will take them off our hands already lined up.

Ultimately we are looking for egg 8 laying hens to make up our coop, what I would like to know any feed back comments, suggestions from those of you that have gone thru this, this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank

GJ

Sounds like quite the set up! I don't have any personal experience with chickens so I can't help you but
ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Greetings from Kansas, ALJ777, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like you have done tons of research - that will pay off! In terms of your last paragraph, on what are you specifically seeking comments or suggestions?

Welcome to BYC! You will find that the people here are very knowledgeable, and if you have asked a question and haven't gotten a response that answers your question, you can always research in the appropriate area of the forums. There is always a helping hand to be found..
caf.gif

Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined BYC

Good luck with your coop building and new chicks....and best wishes for all girls from your hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom