Chickens sneezing

Gabbychicky

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 13, 2014
Upstate New York
I haven"t posted in awhile. My girls are laying in Upstate New York in December. WOW. My question, I have used construction sand in the outside covered run and it is very dusty. The girls have developed black around their nostrils and seem to be sneezing or trying to clean their nostrils. I've replaced the sand inside the coop with KleenKoop and that has worked well. Today I removed a lot of the sand and put down one bale of KleenKoop in the outside run. The girls look dirty because they dust in this dusty sand. What should I do or am I on the right path.

I haven"t posted in awhile. My girls are laying in Upstate New York in December. WOW. My question, I have used construction sand in the outside covered run and it is very dusty. The girls have developed black around their nostrils and seem to be sneezing or trying to clean their nostrils. I've replaced the sand inside the coop with KleenKoop and that has worked well. Today I removed a lot of the sand and put down one bale of KleenKoop in the outside run. The girls look dirty because they dust in this dusty sand. What should I do or am I on the right path.

What kind of girls? Peas, laying in December in upstate New York? That would be a discussion item for sure
th.gif
Do you have males with trains?

Wash your sand to get rid of the dust, maybe? Sneezing peas is bad. Nasty nostrils is bad. Respiratory illness is VERY bad.

It looks like this is a chicken question? (as the thread title is "Chickens sneezing"...)
You've landed in the peafowl department
frow.gif
...Perhaps posting in the chicken department would yield better results...

These are definately not peas. How do I get to chicken thread?? I'm new to this and it's sort of confusing where to post. Thanks, peas are beautiful.

Under this post you should see "Forum Nav:" with a drop down menu, click on the arrow and the menu will open, find "Emergencies/ Diseases/Injuries and Cures" and click on it. Or click this link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck w/ your chickens, drop in and visit anytime, sooner or later we'll talk you into a couple Peacocks!
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom