Chickenstock & swaps in Ma chat thread

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
What a great time the stock were this year!
hope every one had some chicken fun.
big_smile.png

I will keep this thread open for some chicken chatting and we can talk about what we have for sale ect.....
978-210-0885 - Shay
[email protected]

Last edited:
we will be away this weekend, will be missing deerfield as well at the fairgrounds.
but if anyone is interested i have a

rew lionhead 8 weeks $10

2 chocolate holland lops buck and doe 3m old $10

easter eggers crossed with nh reds they are green legged red birds all pullets @17 weeks $12 each

and a few amberlinks one just started to lay rest have not yet. $15 each

silkie roo's around 4 m black ummm ya free is good

will anyone have any silkie pullets or hens available for sale? i have a friend up this direction looking to add i think 3 girls to her flock. i don't think color matters to her right now since she just loves the breed!

Hey peeps, we handed out some 30 cards with the date for this chickenstock comeing and a lot are interested in seeing and comeing, so i think this one will be a real good one, also i think this one may be the last one for the season.

looking forward to it! My whole family was disappointed that there wasn't a swap this month (September), BUT i already sold the chicks i had! LOL I should have more by October.....of course my Silky Duck eggs aren't due to hatch until after the October swap.
tongue.png
I wasn't even planning to hatch more ducklings, but my Silky Duck surprised me by laying 14 eggs, and then she didn't sit on them. So i put them in the incubator, and 8 are developing! I may have some gourds to bring, if i have any left. I'll see what else i can come up with.....hey, some jam maybe? I made several batches of Mock Raspberry Jam this year---it's fabulous!

OK, so who is bringing what??? I will have some chicks to bring, momma hen hatched out 12 babies and she keeps going in at night and leaving half of them in the yard and I find them almost frozen to death in the morning and have to revive them! LOL
I also have a few pullets that I might decide to sell, they should be ready to lay in another month, bantam mixes.

Quote:
oh no that she leaves some of her babies outside!
sad.png
poor things! I always count heads and make sure all our babies got inside with momma before i shut their door. The stranded babies usually scream their little heads off anyway, which makes me go check on them. LOL But one recent extra-chilly night, i was shutting in my other pair, they have one 2 month old pullet with them that i am keeping for now. For some reason i thought they were inside and i shut their pop door. A little later i was double checking all the coops and pens for the night---my layers (differnt coop) tend to stay stay out later than the bantams....and i found the daddy Serama brooding his daughter on the platform outside the closed pop-door! Awww, he is SO sweet, such a good daddy, keeping his little one warm on such a cold night!
love.gif
I opened their pop-door, but they were half-asleep already, so I had to pick them up together and set them in the nest box inside where they settled in comfortably, daddy still brooding his daughter! Gotta love it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom