Chicks are lost in the mail!!! I need help ASAP!!!!

kennedyscochins

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
Big Clifty
I sent an order of chicks EXPRESS mail yesterday from ky to ohio. I got an email today from the person who bought them that they haven't arrived!! I have never had this happen before. I paid for express just so that I didn't have to worry about them making it safely. I tracked the shipment and it says they were forwarded to louisville ky today because the address or zip code was incorrect. The address is correct. The zip code is correct and it was confirmed before I printed the label...

What do I do?????

I would get with the postmaster asap. You can't do anything tonight but I would be knocking down the door first thing in the morning!! Express means express and if the zip code is correct then they screwed up. I would take the address and any other documentation you have with you. Dealing with the po sometimes is like beating your head against the wall.
he.gif
We do bulk mailings all the time at work and the po will bring some of them back undeliverable because there is no such address. I look it up and verify it on their site and it is correct. For each one they want to charge us $1.09. My boss refused to pay the ones that came today. Bulk mail is prepaid so they don't have any cost involved in it and really don't have any right to charge us extra because the postman for that address doesn't want to deliver it or whatever!!

I will definitely be at the P.O. in the morning! Thank goodness I sent it express mail. At least that gives me a day to deal with the P.O. I hate to think what would have happened if I did send them priority and the chicks were just sitting around lost for a couple days....

I will let you all know what happens in the morning.

For me, anything Express comes on the 2nd day, not overnight. Express seems to work for cities, not small towns. Of course they don't tell you that when you pay the express fee. Hope your chicks arrive safely!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
When I paid the express, they were guaranteed to be there by 12 noon the next morning. I got an email from the guy who bought them and he said they updated the tracking and they should be there today. I am going to call my P.O. and file a claim because I paid for express, not priority. I am just hoping the chicks are safe when they get there. They should be okay, because it's been two days. That's the way they are usually shipped.

ALL CHICKS MADE IT SAFE, HAPPY AND HEALTHY!!!!! I am still in the process of filing a claim though just because they weren't delivered EXPRESS mail like they were supposed to be!

It does not matter what your local PO told you, they just read what is on their screen. I have shipped birds for the last couple of years and last year the PO made a change to "Express" in regards to "live animals"

The Postal service has now allowed 2-3 days on express services for live animals. I shipped birds and also thought express meant overnight, I tried to file a claim and this is what I was told. There were a few threads on BYC about it last year right after the change was implemented.

Back
Top Bottom