Chicks! Chicks! Chicks!

Hooray Jackie!
wee.gif

In the coop this morning....

And then about 10:30 am......

Woo!Hoo!
What kind is she???beautiful broody

Hey , yal seem to know chicks. I'm new at this, what do I need to know? LITARALLY EVERYTHING!!!!! :) Mama is sitting on 3 eggs.
D.gif
They hatch in 5 days(about). Now what?
pop.gif
Wish Boo bear luck!
fl.gif

Hey , yal seem to know chicks. I'm new at this, what do I need to know? LITARALLY EVERYTHING!!!!! :) Mama is sitting on 3 eggs.
D.gif
They hatch in 5 days(about). Now what?
pop.gif
Wish Boo bear luck!
fl.gif
The momma hen will take care of the chicks and squat down to let them run under her for protection or to keep warm and she will call them to run for cover if theres danger or call them to eat.She will sleep with them and everything.What kind is she?

The momma hen will take care of the chicks and squat down to let them run under her for protection or to keep warm and she will call them to run for cover if theres danger or call them to eat.She will sleep with them and everything.What kind is she?
And chicks cant have layer feed or any calcium at all because it can destroy there kidneys if they get to eat calcium,so dont worry because the whole flock and momma hen can eat chick food too

can you tell me how long after chicks are born do they start eating and will mom hen show them where to eat and drink from .its my first hatch so far 5 of my 17 have hatched ,iv put a baby chick feeder by her an the chicks, and also a small water feeder ,i sure hope she shows them where to get dinner,at

oh congrates,to you,my turkey had 17 eggs under her,5 hatched yesterday,will wait till she leaves nest,an ill take out what is left,today,but im like you im so so exited,even with just a few hatching im ok just to be able to see it

oh congrates,to you,my turkey had 17 eggs under her,5 hatched yesterday,will wait till she leaves nest,an ill take out what is left,today,but im like you im so so exited,even with just a few hatching im ok just to be able to see it

We have 9 baby chicks and 1 baby duck living together in a medium sized guinea pig cage (picture is attached) all the chickens and duck appear healthy except for 2 of the chicks and I was wondering if anyone could help me and by looking at the living conditions could you tell me if I am doing anything wrong..
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom