Chicks closing one eye

crtyjlee

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014
Maybe 3 days ago, i noticed someone had some red tinged poo, so i mixed some corrid into their water just as a precaution. I had a bout of this about a month ago. I put the corrid in the water for 7 days. All the bloody poo cleared up and everyone was fine after that. Now yesterday i noticed one of my cochins, about 7 weeks old was closing one eye and acting a bit more lethargic than normal. I brought her in the house and fed her some gatorade. She ate some of the treats i always hand feed in the morning, but wasnt too excited about them. This morning, she was extremely weak. I tube fed her, but she was already too far gone and passed not long ago. I am noticing 2 of my 5 month old silkies are doing the same thing. One just seems tho have a watery eye. There is no colored discharge. The other has a small amount of crust that looks like a few granules of sand (not much) and a bit red around the eye. i am reading posts about respiratory infections and im thinking this is what it is. Corrid is a broad spectrum right? would this take care of it? Theyve had it in the water for a few days now and they still have this going on. i also have a jar of the 100g tylan. The mixing directions on it are for 50 gallons of treated water, but i only have a 1 gallon waterer and no place to store 50 gallons. Does anyone know how to properly mix less. Should i use this instead. Please help. I dont want to lose anyone else!

i bought the injectable tylan 50 and i found on another thread that the dosage is 1/2cc and 1/4cc for smaller birds

You don't have to mix 50 gallons. The dosage is about 1 teaspoon per gallon. Some people feel the dose is higher or lower, but I am satisfied with a teaspoon per gallon.

I think the injectable would work better and quicker.

Back
Top Bottom