Chicks hatching!!!! UPDATE PICS!!!

yoker

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
I have 51 eggs in the incubator: 30 Isa brown crosses, 17 Buff Brahma Bantams, 4 Red Rock crosses.
So far: 3 Buff Brahma chicks have hatched, 6 Isa brown crosses and 0 Red Rocks.
This has been a slow hatch (they were suppose to hatch on sunday and monday It is tuesday) but they keep hatching.
Wish me luck.
Update:
I had 5 pipped ones that wouldn't hatch so I tried to help one (it had been pipped for 2 days or so) and it was dead, the second one I helped (because I didn't want it to die and it wasn't making progress) and it now has a kinked neck, the 3rd one I helped and it seems to be fine, I haven't helped any more.
Here are the Pics:
the yellow ones are Isa crosses and the dark ones are Buff Brahma.
12868_chicks_2010_004.jpg

12868_chicks_2010_003.jpg

Last edited:
I will take pics today!
They are really spreading the hatch out. I know that it should be a little spread out because the eggs are different ages but this is a little crazy.
I am having troubles keeping the humity (sp?) right. I am glad that this is my warm up batch for the year and that thier isn't anyone that ordered any from this batch. I will be getting a better temp and humitity gage as this one is not very accurate.
I had one chick die half way through hatching
hit.gif
I have 2 pipped eggs right now.
fl.gif

So now our count is at: 4 Buff Brahma chicks have hatched, 8 Isa brown crosses and 0 Red Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom