Chicks Not hatched?

samgwright

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2021
Day 21 was yesterday. We had 6 chicks hatch yesterday (one that was in the incubator overnight). Unfortunately all the other eggs were knocked around and I have no idea what way is up. There is 7 eggs left. These eggs were alive, they had chirping coming out the last two days and Ive seen them moving. They have not pipped.. what do I do now wait and see? Ive heard something about poking a hole in the air side?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Day 21 was yesterday. We had 6 chicks hatch yesterday (one that was in the incubator overnight). Unfortunately all the other eggs were knocked around and I have no idea what way is up. There is 7 eggs left. These eggs were alive, they had chirping coming out the last two days and Ive seen them moving. They have not pipped.. what do I do now wait and see? Ive heard something about poking a hole in the air side?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If there is no external pip I would do a quick candle
Make sure eggs are sitting air cell dip facing up
If there are internal pips you can poke a tiny safety hole the size of the tac pin

If there are internal pips you can poke a tiny safety hole the size of the tac pin
I don't think there is an internal pip, thanks for this! Can you confirm with me what you mean by the air cell dip?

How can I tell if there is an internal pip?

Thank you for this I don't think there is an internal pip, some are too dark of shell I can't see anything it all dark.Can you confirm with me what you mean by the air cell dip? I can see the full air sack but not sure which end is suppose to be up..

Thank you for this I don't think there is an internal pip, some are too dark of shell I can't see anything it all dark.Can you confirm with me what you mean by the air cell dip? I can see the full air sack but not sure which end is suppose to be up..
It’s when the air cell stats to ho up one side of the egg more
Instead of just a round Circle at the bottom
That part should face up
In my pictures I drew a line of where the air cells are
One is really far up the egg now
That baby has internal pip
The bigger egg is dipping up the side but not as far and has not got internal pip but is in lockdown

Attachments

• A3E75A37-14B1-4F1E-8D72-6C20EAEC34CD.jpeg
    A3E75A37-14B1-4F1E-8D72-6C20EAEC34CD.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2CF9CA5A-1909-498A-8516-AA6E869ADBDF.jpeg
    2CF9CA5A-1909-498A-8516-AA6E869ADBDF.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 4
It’s when the air cell stats to ho up one side of the egg more
Instead of just a round Circle at the bottom
That part should face up
In my pictures I drew a line of where the air cells are
One is really far up the egg now
That baby has internal pip
The bigger egg is dipping up the side but not as far and has not got internal pip but is in lockdown
Sorry, I feel bad asking a question on someone else's post
But I have a call duck egg in lockdown it is hatch day, day 26, today (she still has not done anything) but when I stopped rolling (i was hand rolling) the side that was up was not the side the air cell was going up
Do I turn her so that the the air cell is up?? Or leave her and not turn her
Thanks for you help and again I am sorry for asking a question on someone else's post

Sorry, I feel bad asking a question on someone else's post
But I have a call duck egg in lockdown it is hatch day, day 26, today (she still has not done anything) but when I stopped rolling (i was hand rolling) the side that was up was not the side the air cell was going up
Do I turn her so that the the air cell is up?? Or leave her and not turn her
Thanks for you help and again I am sorry for asking a question on someone else's post
I would turn the egg
She may pip and you won’t see it or she could struggle to pip because it’s upside down

Back
Top Bottom