Chicks with runny poop

My chicks are 4 weeks old and have runny poops they are eating too much and sometimes sit down and close thier eyes and become inactive thier poops are brownish and white
I need help

My chicks are 4 weeks old and have runny poops they are eating too much and sometimes sit down and close thier eyes and become inactive thier poops are brownish and white
I need help
Hi @maaz Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos of your chicks and the poop?
Where did you get them and what breed are they?
What type of food/treats are you feeding them?
How are they housed - in a brooder, coop, tractor, inside, outside, etc?

They are cochin i bought them from a shop and they are housed in coop i am going to post the pic of poop

Looks perfectly normal to me.
^^ Agreed.

@maaz you mentioned that they are eating too much(?) What and how are you feeding - chicks at 4wks will eat quite a bit (and waste some too
wink.png
).

There's also a difference between sitting down/relaxing after eating/dust bathing, etc. and being lethargic. Chickens will sit/take a short snooze during the day (especially in hot weather), but should be at least moderately active and moving around.

Cochins are usually large so their activity level probably won't be a high as something like a Leghorn. If you have a video of them, we would love to see them and take a look at your concerns.

Back
Top Bottom