Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Quote:
I'm in too!
woot.gif
Now to find that thread...
big_smile.png

My pip is still doing nothing apart from panting, been 24 hours since it pipped now, getting antsy, none of the others are moving and no one is making a sound
hmm.png

EDIT: My pip is zipping!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
awesome that yal are getting pip action!
I woke up and my first chick is no longer lonely. The EE egg hatched while I was asleep and another little chickie is working on zipping out. Got to grab the camera run back in there and take some pics.

Chat at ya in a bit
wink.png

Been up all night drawing up tractor plans.

Nothing going on in my bator yet.

Cleaning and drawing and posting.

Such an exciting life I lead.

I'm kind of hoping they're gonna be right on time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I should have helped it!!! I checked it and it wasn't breathing.

Less than 30 min ago it was zipping and I wanted to help but everything I read says sit of your hands. I was GOING to help it if it was still just a pip!

I left it thinking it would be fine and if I sat there I'd probably interfere and it died!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

It's perfect, yolk absorbed and everything but the membrains were dry in parts, probably from being tumbled about when DH kicked the box the 'bator is sitting on.

I'm so sad, I wish I'd stayed. I noticed it wasn't breathing so hard as before but I thought that was just because it was resting.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Quote:
I know the feeling. I had one that zipped a few hatches ago and I just knew I should have helped it but I didn't. I still think it's better not to help, but I just now helped out the one I was sure was already dead. And it was NOT dead. It had just gotten stuck - maybe too big for the shell? no blood, no unabsorbed yolk. We'll see if it makes it but it's peeping up a storm.

sorry to hear you lost it
hugs.gif

here are some fuzzy pics. They kept moving about and I have a glare from the room light so these are not the best.

69377_02-01-2011_first_chick.jpg

69377_02-02-2011_chicks.jpg

changed Boobears pic to a more festive look
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom