Chose a Halloween chicken monster egg - Hatch-Along

Pics
I am looking forward to seeing Greenly also, I remember the mom of that egg, she was an olive egger I got from Meyers. Also some of the blue eggs were from NN hens I hatched from eggs I got in MT. I am hoping to have more of those. Someone else has those birds currently.
I’m trying to get into olive eggers. I have 4 currently laying that I got as day olds from rual king(hoover’s hatchery). They were a bit underwhelming. One lays very light brown almost cream one lays light blue/green and 2 lay light green. Still all good layers and I like variety but when they charge a premium for olive I was hoping for something in the range of olive.

I do have one more chance with one I hatched from a purchase egg. Black copper marans x Easter egger. Beautiful little pullet blue plumage with a copper head and neck. She is now 18 weeks old hopefully soon I’ll get to see what color she lays. Next spring I’ll pair up my BCM cockerels and EE to see if I can make my own colored egg layers.

6a.PNG

BCM and EE got me the dark gray eggs.

Stella is rocking back and forth, and peeping. I did move her closer to a rope, so it would not rock as much and maybe she could get purchase on pecking that egg shell.

0go.PNG

(these are not the eggs, but you can see the ropes.) It is nice so they don't become soccer balls, but also they need to not roll as they are trying to peck.

Last edited:
I’m trying to get into olive eggers. I have 4 currently laying that I got as day olds from rual king(hoover’s hatchery). They were a bit underwhelming. One lays very light brown almost cream one lays light blue/green and 2 lay light green. Still all good layers and I like variety but when they charge a premium for olive I was hoping for something in the range of olive.

I do have one more chance with one I hatched from a purchase egg. Black copper marans x Easter egger. Beautiful little pullet blue plumage with a copper head and neck. She is now 18 weeks old hopefully soon I’ll get to see what color she lays. Next spring I’ll pair up my BCM cockerels and EE to see if I can make my own colored egg layers.
Olive eggs are gorgeous BUT annoying af to see into!

My babies are due for lockdown this Saturday and this is my first incubation. Any tips? Advice?
Stella is rocking back and forth, and peeping. I did move her closer to a rope, so it would not rock as much and maybe she could get purchase on pecking that egg shell.

View attachment 3672550
(these are not the eggs, but you can see the ropes.) It is nice so they don't become soccer balls, but also they need to not roll as they are trying to peck.

Don't be tempted to help.
A rocking egg doesn't need help.
Most eggs that pip will hatch on their own. Even if it is 12-24 hrs after a pip.
I don't add water until day 18. So dry hatch.
Candle day 18, and then leave incubator closed until day 22? or if you do open up, or want to check unhatching eggs look for help.

View attachment 3672436
BCM and EE got me the dark gray eggs.
Gorgeous eggs! ❤

View attachment 3672550
Go Stella, GO!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Kitty Baby GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Back
Top Bottom